Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Soundtrack of My Life

Songs that make me happy:
Little Bitch by the Specials (16 Candles!)
Fantastic Voyage by Coolio
Beware of the Boys Remix by Panjabi featuring Jay-Z (this video is awesome)
Bust a Move by Young MC
Tessie by the Dropkick Murphys
I Was Made to Love Her by Stevie Wonder
ABC by the Jackson 5

Songs that I play when I am lonely:
Tommib by Squarepusher
Breathe Me by Sia
Girls by Death in Vegas
I've Loved These Days by Billy Joel
The State We're In by The Chemical Brothers
Homeward Bound by Simon and Garfunkel

Songs that make me sad:
The Only Living Boy in New York by Simon and Garfunkel (before Garden State I might add)
Old Friends by Simon and Garfunkel (before 500 Days of Summer)
Moon River by Andy Williams
I'll Be Seeing You by Jimmy Durante
America by Simon and Garfunkel
American Tune by Simon and Garfunkel
Kissing You by Des'ree
Love is Blindness by U2
This is the Day by The The
Everybody's Free by Baz Luhrmann

Songs I bounce walk to:
Feeling Good by Nina Simone
F**K wit Dre Day by Dr. Dre (not explicit!)
Jane Fonda by Mickey Avalon
She Wants to Move by N.E.R.D.
Apache by the Sugar Hill Gang
Drop It Like It's Hot by Snoop Dogg
Grace Kelly by MIKA
Hypnotize by Notorious BIG
I Got a Man by Positive K
We Trying to Stay Alive by Wyclef Jean and the Refugee All Stars

Songs I play when I am scared or nervous and trying to relax:
Claire de Lune by DeBussy (WAY before Twilight)
Let Go by Frou Frou
Alone in Kyoto by AIR
The Sleeping Beauty by Tchaikovsky
Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky
Ase's Death from Peer Gynt
Symphony Number 6 "Pathetique" by Tchaikovsky

Songs I just like to hear:
Overkill by Colin Hay
Manana (Is Soon Enough for Me) by Jackie Davis
Knights of Cydonia by Muse
Turandot: Nussum Dorma by Pavarotti
Suddenly by The Bogmen
Time to Pretend by MGMT
Wave of Mutilation by the Pixies
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Part 1 by The Flaming Lips
I'm Shipping Up to Boston by the Dropkick Murphys
If by Sly and the Family Stone
As Cool as I am by Dar Williams

Songs that are the most meaningful:
When I Fall in Love by Nat King Cole (our wedding song)
She by Elvis Costello

I could go on forever, but I have way too many songs in my iTunes and I need to go make dinner. So now you know what is playing in my head when I am living my life.

No comments: