Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hey - It's Spring!

So today I found out that I am ok. Really ok. No sign of anything. They told me to get on with my life (their words, not mine). But I still have to see one more doctor. I am cancelling that appointment. I'm done. It's time to get on with my life. I had my CT scan on October 20. Today is March 23. I think 5 months of uncertainty is more than anyone should have to endure. I am certain I am fine and it's time to get to the next chapter of my life. I think 33 is going to be a lucky year for me.

I was visited by a hawk every day the week preceding my initial test. He even landed in the tree above my head (about 3 feet above me) one day. A few weeks later he stood across the street from me as I walked to my car and let me get only 8 feet away from him. On Wednesday before I went to the doctor he flew over my car in the driveway and circled for a while. Another one flew in front of my windshield on my way to the doctor that day. What does it mean? I searched for the meaning of the hawk and found some interesting ideas:

If a hawk has soared into your life, you require a higher perspective. You need to see the details of what is going on and look at the bigger picture. Take a look at your situation from above.

The hawk comes to you indicating that you are now awakening to your soul purpose, your reason for being here. It can teach you how to fly high while keeping yourself connected to the ground.

I found something that told me the hawk symbolizes a new journey. Well, this was certainly a journey.

I have grown closer to everyone in my life because of this, I've let go of past hurts and toxic people and I'm much closer to God. My perspective is changed and I am trying to become a better person and look at the big picture. Are there signs? Who knows, but if it makes me think more about my life and my faith, then is it a bad thing?

Thanks to all who have been there for me. I could never thank you enough.


Updated 3/23/09

I have read:
Too Fat to Fish
Heat

Currently reading:
Tales of the Otori Book 1: Across the Nightingale Floor
Broken Open
The Omnivore's Dilemma


I have watched (just movies - awful daytime TV not listed):
No Reservations
The Dark Knight
Love Actually
Somewhere in Time
From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
Pump Up the Volume (which was the coolest thing ever when I was 15)
He's Just Not That Into You
Kiki's Delivery Service
Four Weddings and a Funeral
National Treasure 2
Iron Man
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Paris Je T'aime (I cry every time)
Confessions of a Shopaholic
The Nanny Diaries
Breakfast at Tiffany's
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
Charlotte's Web (the new one)
An Affair to Remember
Blow Dry
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
The Jerk
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
Zack and Miri Make a Porno
Mamma Mia!

Next up:
I can drive now so I am done with movies at home.

Currently knitting:
I'm not sure yet. I finished the blanket.

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/corduroy.rss

Oh, and Katie, I love Maury. I just can't admit it. His phobia episodes are pure genius. I love the one where the lady was afraid of olives and the other lady was afraid of kittens. Youtube them.

4 comments:

ZKLP said...

Whelp, It is tough to find things to do while you are under house arrest. I would recommend movie for you to watch but I am not sure what you have seen. I hope you find things to do. I will let you know about Animal Crossing. Maybe you could waste some time with our family via the inter-web.

-Zach

Katie A. said...

Wait, you mean you're not a fan of maury? Come on now. Ever since having children, I have become acutely aware of the horrific daytime tv you speak of. It sounds like you are keeping yourself busy though. I am loving these updates!

Jen said...

I have to agree with you, Harry Hard On is awesome! It was Christian Slater's prime. He was so sexy then.... snicker.
I also think the Jerk is fab. It is one I can't pass up on TNT. "He hates those cans!" or "All I need is this paddle ball game, this lamp and this chair...that's it"
I have Labyrinth, Footloose, or Princess Bride if you want to borrow them. At least you can leave the house now.

ZKLP said...

You have such an incredible perspective Loren! I am excited for your new chapter in life, more importantly, I am so glad that you are healthy!
-katie